Carey Kids - now online!
For our Carey Kids at Harrisdale
The plan for Carey Kids online has come together, and we’d love to keep you in the loop with what we’re doing.
We have really missed seeing our Carey Kids face to face and would love to keep in contact with your help.
Dave Scaife and the Carey Kids team will be creating 3 videos a week on our youtube channel, each with a slightly different focus.
- On Tuesdays I’ll be checking in to say ‘hi’ on our Parents facebook page.
- Thursdays is story time! Something you can watch with your child before they go to sleep or perhaps during dinner to catalyse some discussion.
- On Sundays, the Carey Kids church online program follows the Harrisdale online service. The program is designed to be watched as a family as, rather than making a specific point, I will throw to parents to lead a conversation. This means it is probably best done after the family joins the online church service. I encourage you to block out half an hour in the week that works for your family where you can watch the 10 min video together, and then go through the questions (or ask questions of your own), with an expectation that God will speak to your family through his word.
For more information please contact David Scaife our Children and Families Pastor
What We Do (on the other side of Covid-19)
Create a fun, safe environment
At Carey Kids we believe feeling safe and having fun are the biggest prerequisites to engagement with God’s word and his community. Our vision is that a child’s experience of church would be one that they can step into with confidence and anticipation.
Build meaningful relationships
We believe that learning about God and following Him is most effectively done with the support of peers and mentors. As we invest into our relationships with God’s kids we teach them that they are valued and they belong.
Teach God’s word
Isaiah 55:11 promises that God’s word carries God’s purposes and will accomplish what He desires in the lives of those who hear it. Carey Kids teaches solid biblical knowledge, equipping kids to follow Jesus well at home, school and in their community.
Model Christ-like behaviour
We believe that teaching God’s word goes hand in hand with following His example. Rather than simply teaching kids “the right way to behave”, we seek to demonstrate what following Jesus looks like and empower children to make wise decisions.
Partner with families
We are passionate about the spiritual growth of families and recognise that a child’s primary carers are also their primary spiritual leaders. As such, we seek to empower parents and caregivers to teach and disciple their children well.
New to Carey?
We are looking forward to meeting you and your family.
When you arrive, head into the Carey Centre, next to Timber Cafe, where you’ll find our team waiting for you at the green Children’s ministry sign in table.
One of our volunteers will assist you in signing in your child/ren to their correct age group and let you know relevant details.
- Parents Room | Located near the Jump Entrance. (to the left of the sign-in desk)
- Bubbles | 2months to 2 years
- Puddles | 2 years to 4 tear old Pre-Kindy
- Water Wings | Kindy to PrePrimary
- Dive In | Year 1 to 2
- Saturate | Year 3 to 4
- Deep End | Year 5 to 6
Looking to see if Carey could be your new home church? Grab a ‘Carey Kids Information Form’ from the Carey Kids sign-in desk or fill in one of our connect cards.
You can leave forms with one of our Carey Kids team leaders at the sign in desk.
OXYGEN Youth Group
Oxygen is the Friday night youth group run fortnightly for children in years 5 and 6. Oxygen provides a fun, vibrant and safe environment in which children can connect with each other, the leaders and the bible.
It runs from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. (*unless otherwise stated)
Current Oxygen Schedule
Please feel free to call the Church office (9394 9155) for information about the events available for youth and young adults.