What We Do
Carey Youth Group
Carey Youth is a space for youth to discover and embrace their own Christian faith in a fun and nurturing environment through community and learning from Jesus. Friday Night Youth is for people in years 7-12 and runs weekly during the school term.
We spend time unpacking the Bible and seeing how we can connect with God in our everyday life. Entry is $5 and healthy snacks are provided during the night. Come join us in the Youth Room, next door to Timber Cafe.
FRIDAY NIGHTS DURING SCHOOL TERM
Time: 7:30pm to 9:00pm, doors open 7:20pm
(with a bible study from 6:45pm – 7:15pm for those who are keen)
Meet: in the Youth Room
Entry: is $5 (from term 3 2023 all payment will be contactless)
For our new people, here’s what to expect:
- Arrive in the main car park (to get to Timber) and enter through the big double gates where the lights and signs are.
- $5 entry (we collect entry fee to help cover the costs of running youth)
- You will be greeted by our sign-in team who will sign you in and collect your entry money (which goes towards funding activities, food, and maintaining the youth room for youth ministry). If it is your first time they will request your parents to register your details in our database (contact info, any allergies, food preferences, or medical info we should be aware of)
- Once inside you are free to enjoy the youth room, or head through to the indoor basketball courts, until our youth leaders start the games and activities
- Games and activities will sometimes be all in it together, and other times be in breakout groups with friends
- Then we all head into the auditorium for God time which will include worship, preaching, and small group discussion times around ideas and bible passages we believe will help you grow your faith and move forward in learning from Jesus in all of life. This usually runs through to the end of youth
- Pickup is through the same double gates, and from the youth room doors at 9:00pm
Sunday Morning Youth
Sunday Morning Youth is targeted at Years 7-9.
Each week we sit together during the 9:30am service and then hang together after the service for some fun and small group chats to explore what God might be saying to us through the message. Come and join us, look for the Carey Youth Banner when you arrive.