What We Do
Carey Youth Group
Carey Youth is a space for youth to discover and embrace their own Christian faith in a fun and nurturing environment through community and discipleship.
Friday Night Youth is for people in years 7-12 and runs weekly during the school term. We spend time unpacking the Bible and seeing how we can connect with God in our everyday life. Entry is $5 and dinner is provided during the night. Come join us in the Youth Room, next door to Timber Cafe.
TERM 2 | First Date back is 23 April 2021
Time: 7:00pm to 9:00pm, doors open 6:45pm
Meet in the Youth Room
Entry is $5
We are excited to confirm that Carey Youth will start for the year this Friday 12th February – with some restrictions in place for this week while the “Safe Transition out of Lockdown Restrictions” are in effect:
- Everybody attending must wear a face mask
- Everybody must adhere to safe social distancing (1.5m)
We are looking forward to seeing all the returning youth and new youth on Friday! We have heaps of fun planned as well as launching our new look God time and small groups.
Our staff and youth team have undertaken preparations to make sure our environment is clean and safe, meeting all government requirements for running events safely.
For our new people, here’s what to expect:
- Arrive and enter through the Youth Room (the room next door to Timber). Doors open from 6:45pm
- $5 entry (we collect entry fee to help cover the costs of running youth)
- You will be greeted by our sign-in team who will sign you in and collect your entry money (which goes towards funding activities, food, and maintaining the youth room for youth ministry). If it is your first time they will register your details in our database (contact info, any allergies, food preferences, or medical info we should be aware of)
- Once inside you are free to enjoy the youth room until our youth leaders start our games and activities
- Halfway through the night our food team will serve dinner (utilising appropriate food hygiene practices)
- Then we all head into the auditorium for God time which will include worship, preaching, and small group discussion times around ideas and bible passages we believe will help you grow your faith and move forward in learning to be a disciple of Jesus. This usually runs through to the end of youth
- Pickup is from the youth room doors at 9pm
Sunday Morning Youth
Sunday Morning Youth is targeted at Years 7-9.
Each week we sit together during the 9:30am service and then hang together after the service for some fun and small group chats to explore what God might be saying to us through the message. Come and join us, look for the Carey Youth Banner when you arrive.