Giving Sunday 2024
An invitation from Pastor Peter Scott:
Thanks for being part of this community as we seek to be and make disciples, with the vision of becoming flourishing communities of hope! My main reason for writing to you is to ask for your financial support on Giving Sunday, 10 March.
On Giving Sunday, I would like to ask you to do two things:
Prayerfully consider making a special one-off gift to help us rebuild church finances so that we can reignite key elements of our mission and pursue growth toward our vision; and
Sign our commitment card indicating how much you intend to give regularly (tithes/offerings) to support the ministries of the church over the coming year.
This is the first time we have planned a “Giving Sunday” at Carey – at least in the seven years I have been here. The heart behind it is to both continuing our discipleship journey in giving generously as we sow into the church financially and to further develop our collective financial contribution to enable the vision (flourishing) of all we believe God is doing and wanting to do in our community through this church. Some of the elements of that vision for 2024 include:
- Our youth ministry employing a senior female leader as we continue to love, serve and grow the many youth who engage in our ministries;
- Our new internship program RISE growing and encouraging those who will take an active role in the church of today and tomorrow;
- Continuing our Carey Kids program, which is a draw card and enabler for whole families to come and explore who Jesus is;
- To be able to run efficient processes and systems that provide the critical foundations for keeping people safe, providing pastoral care and delivering the mission we are called to; and
- To faithfully look after those who serve us on the church staff team.
Just to add to the picture, as a church based on a school campus, we have huge opportunities to engage with children and youth. It is our children, youth and young adults who will be an integral part of the church of today and tomorrow. If we are to be good stewards of our faith and this church, it is imperative that we invest in loving and discipling our children, youth and young adults, encouraging them, providing support and mentorship and opportunities to explore and grow their faith. Restoring our church financial position and committing to ongoing financial support will enable us to continue and grow these ministries.
So, I invite you to join us in this day and process by doing the following:
- Take a look at the Giving Card;
- Pray – ask God to show you how much to give as a one-off gift and to commit to as a regular contribution;
- Fill in the Giving Card (available at Sunday Services); and
- Bring the Giving Card and your gift on Sunday March 10 as we celebrate what God is doing
There are different options available if you would like to contribute financially to support the various ministries of the church. For further information on any financial matters, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your generous support toward the vision and mission at Carey Church.
For cash giving, please use the designated Giving Sunday envelopes available in service. You can place these in the locked Giving Station.
Alternatively, you can print out the Giving Commitment Card below and put the completed card inside an envelope with your donation.
Carey Baptist Church bank details
BSB Number: 036 000
Account number: 982 352
Ref: Your Name and Giving Sunday
To give via credit card, please click the button below. Please note, there are fees associated with this method of giving. Eftpos facilities will also be available on Giving Sunday in the service.
Evening of Prayer
You are invited to our Evening of Prayer on Wednesday 6 March. This will be a time to pray together specifically for the work God has called us to do this year and in anticipation of Giving Sunday. Join us at 7:30pm in the Youth Room (next door to Timber Cafe).
If you are a leader at Carey Church or aspire to be a leader, we would like to invite you to a special Leaders’ Night at 7:30pm in Timber Cafe on Thursday 15 February to give you more information on Giving Sunday and answer your questions, so that you are better prepared to share details with anyone who asks you. So we can cater accordingly, please RSVP by 10 February.