Welcome to Carey Church Forrestdale
Getting started with ZOOM
If you have not previously used Zoom, please watch this short instructional video, which explains how to join Zoom meetings using a range of different devices.
When joining the meeting
- Please use your real name, rather than an alias
- Ensure that your video is enabled.
- If you normally attend church as a family, why not join the ZOOM service together as a family?
If you have any questions or issues with connecting, please email us email@example.com as we have people who can help with technical queries.
For our Carey Kids at Forrestdale
Parents, we encourage you to use the resources we are creating in whichever way works for your family. Our vision is to equip and empower our families to KNOW, GROW, and GO.
Trust your awesome parental instinct, and we’d love for you to reach out to us if we can help support you in that journey. Our thoughts and prayers have been with you as you settle into a new way of church as a family.
Each week, we send out an email where you will find;
- A ‘hello’ message from Shelby and/or the team (Parents, you may like to read this out to your kids so they know we’re thinking of them).
- Any important updates or information we want you to know.
- A suggested video ‘lesson’ for under 5-year olds. This would be intended for our Yellow Zone Carey Kids.
- A suggested video ‘lesson’ for 6-year olds – 11-year olds. This would be intended for our Green and Blue Zone Carey Kids.
- Questions designed to accompany the video lessons. These are intended to aid family discussions after watching the videos together.
- Suggested application activities to consolidate what the videos are teaching, or sometimes simply fun things you can do as a family.
- All lessons and content created by Carey Kids Forrestdale will be stored on our youtube channel. Subscribe here. (note: this won’t include external resources)
If you would like to receive the Carey Kids newsletter each week, head over to our Carey Kids page to subscribe
For more information please contact Shelby O’Reilly our Next Generations Pastor
This change in the way we do church is shifting from being the church “gathered” to the church “scattered”. It comes with an unprecedented opportunity to serve and love others in tangible ways in a time of real need.
I encourage you to take hold of this opportunity in two ways. Firstly, be seeking ways to serve your own friends, colleagues, neighbours and community. Give them a call to check in. Offer to help pick up food for them. Find out what you can do to help – remembering to do so with the appropriate hygiene practices in place to care for both yourself and those you are helping.
In a similar way, we would love you to be part of the church community team who will be doing these things for people: making calls to those in isolation, assisting with food delivery (either by shopping or providing meals for others), praying and/or being available to offer other assistance that might be required. To join this team, please fill out our online form here.
In these ways, we can courageously serve our communities and and through these acts of kindness and generosity, we can minister deeply to people.
We will continue to be church together. Please make sure we have your updated details, so we can communicate well with you. As we get the connect groups going, join one. If you become sick or are feeling isolated, please let us know so we can call to check in. And, of course, if you have questions, please let us know – firstname.lastname@example.org. is the email address to use. We are very much looking forward to staying in touch with you.
Our hope rests on Jesus and on the knowledge of God’s love. Nothing can take that away or change it. We may be living in circumstances that feel different than we have experienced before, but we continue to live in the light of eternity and eternal love given by the Father and available through his Spirit.